It's finals week. 4 days until I become a senior at Columbia University. 8 days until all my friends in 2010 graduate and become real time members of society. 26 days until I begin my summer internship at JP Morgan (clutch). Seems like a lot is going on because there IS a lot going on. And even so, there is only one thing occupying the space that is my mind: a summer boo.
Triflin'? No. Inconvenient at this particular moment in time? Absolutely. I feel as though the idea of a summer boo is not all that old. It probably came about as a response to the fact that high school and college students had this 3 month 'temporary' space, which is essentially what summer vacation is. Whatever you're doing, whether it's work, traveling or chillin' on the couch, it's temporary. Once August/September comes around, it's back to the regular routine of school and whoever you left there in May. And that's where the summer boo comes in. Like the rest of summer, they are temporary. And like summer, they are supposed to be hot, fun and give a reason to act a little foolish.
I'm not really the one to do the summer lovin' thing, but I think summer 2010 is going to be different. I've spent a lot of my time just planning everything. Wanting everything to be permanent and perfect. But life isn't permanent or perfect...and neither is summer time. I think a little recklessness can be good (when monitored by good friends), so I'm just gonna keep an open mind and see how this goes. Here is my list of qualifications for summer boo lovin:
1. You MUST be temporary
This is what this whole entry is about. Please don't get attached and bring up the "so what are we doing once summer is over" conversation. I will walk away. If you're tryna wife me at any time during the summer, start acting like it early so we can decide what's going to happen. Ideally though, nothing will.
2. Be spontaneous
I mentioned this in an earlier post and it's still important. Let's go to the beach after work on Thursday or watch the sunrise after a crazy night on the town. Just surprise me (in good ways).
3. Me time is me time
If you have other summer boos, I don't wanna know about it. Period, end of story.
4. Summer 2010 is not all about you
I'm gonna be working 40 hours a week and catching up on all the sleep I missed during the school year. Beyond that, I'm going to be exploring the city, traveling around the country and spending time with friends and family. Accept it and enjoy the time we spend together.
5. Let's have fun
Going off of #4. Just because we aren't getting married doesn't mean that we can't have fun. Hold my hand when we walk through the park and cuddle with me at night =). Like I said, enjoy this time, because like I said, it's temporary.
As per the opening sentence of this post, it IS finals week. I need to stop playin myself and get back to studying =/. Until next time...
*Live.Love.Sing*
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment