Just kidding. It would take a LOT for me to go back to the creamy crack AKA a relaxer. However, my ends have needed a good clipping for a very LONG time and I finally mustered up the courage to go get it straightened so I could get my much needed trim. I headed out to a place called Salon 804 in Harlem. The woman who owns the shop is named Rochelle and is FIERCE! She's a celebrity hairstylist who opens up her place to the neighborhood. I'm with it. Their prices were NOT cheap (the wash, straightening and trim cost me $75), but not absurd either. My stylist, Ayana, was very funny and personable. I was there for wayy too long, but that's probably because I went on a Saturday with a last minute made appointment...so I can't be too mad. It was clean, professional, friendly. One day when I have mad break I'll probably make that my NYC regular spot ;-). So, I know you're just DYING TO SEE IT! Here it is:



Funny thing, my hair was actually a good 2 inches longer when it was blow dried, but she had to cut =( Oh well, at least I know it will grow back healthier.
No comments:
Post a Comment