What's better than this Econometrics class? BLOGGING!
After a long weekend at home for Thanksgiving, I'm feeling a lot better about the end of the semester. It is GRIND time...and grind I shall because this goal to make the Dean's list is still a slightly real possibility - but only if I keep focus (read: not blogging during lectures, but still).
I had a lot of time to think about my life as I stuffed my face with Black American, Ghanaian and Spanish food (my nephew is half Puerto-Rican) and realized that no matter how horrid I think my life is, it really isn't.
I have family who loves and cares for me, even if my father is nuts. My cousins are HILARIOUS and would give me anything if they had it.
I go to Columbia University. A blessing and a curse, but let's face it, not everybody gets an opportunity like this.
I am a part of one of the strongest sisterhoods around. OO-OOP my Sorors. We all know that Delta is HARD work, but oh so worth it because of the change we bring and the relationships we build.
I'm beautiful. Not even to be conceited but I need to just up my confidence and come to terms with the fact that if a guy doesn't want to be with me, it's probably not because he thinks I'm ugly - on the outside or the inside - because I'm not. Done&done.
I'm scrappy. A hustler. Constantly grinding. And THIS, is why I'm going to win.
God is on my side. I've been slippin in building my relationship with Him, but even STILL, He always comes through. ALWAYS.
There's so much more, but you get the point. I am abundantly blessed and I am grateful.
Now there are definitely things I need to work on, but the first part of getting to that place is admitting that there is work to be done - so I'm gathering that I'm on the *write* track.
More to come later.
LiveLoveSing


No comments:
Post a Comment