This post is coming extremely late, but I'm hoping your interpretation of that is that I've just been so busy in 2010 already that I simply haven't had the time. Which isn't a complete lie.
With that said: HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!
I brought in the new year with my family, on my couch, watching the ball drop on TV. One of my aunt's came to the house on Saturday with her kids, who are 8, 6 and 6 (twins). And they slept over. And they are the CUTEST toddlers ever. We bought them bikes for Christmas (a late present) and they absolutely loved them and tried to ride them all over the house (and outside in the snow...wild). Sunday was church, of course, then back to NYC on Monday for work.
I'm working at the same place I was working this summer - never again. Let me repeat. NEVER again! I can't go into details...but this was NOT a part of my plan smh. And I must fix this ASAP, and the only way to do that is to turn away and never look back.
As far as New Years' Resolutions, I don't really have any. I find that I don't keep the specific ones so I try to make them more general - more of a guide to my life in 2010. Here's what I'm tryna do in the start of the new decade:
1. Be healthier and more fit - saggy bodies are not gonna fly in 2010
2. Make it a habit to save money
3. Write 2 new pieces a month (a song/poem/composition whichever)
4. Feel good about myself at least 5 days a week ;-)
5. Start my career (by getting a poker-hot internship)
I feel like if I get these 5 down, only more good things will follow. I'm also trying to work on my relationship with God, which means even if I can't make it to church, I will make a greater effort to read my Bible. And to live in His light, just to be an all-around better Christian.
There's so much I wanna blog about, but I need to gather my thoughts first. Of course, men come to mind. And how I don't know how this idea of a relationship is ever supposed to work with the men I find myself surrounded with. I don't think it's that New York City is full of useless men. Maybe my standards are too high...but I really don't think they are [see previous entry for things I like in a man]. This will be flushed out in another post - as will my strategy for doing exceedingly well this semester. Didn't make my goal of Dean's List last semester because of the devil's spawn aka econometrics. That won't happen this time around because I am DONE with Econometrics FOREVER!
Okay. One thing I've learned today: Blogging and Skyping do NOT go hand in hand. I will come back once I'm done with this fuckery called Skype to finish what I need to say. There is a lot. Stay tuned. You might even get to preview a piece I'm working on!
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment